Jun 21, 2006

Big fat year in review


So as I said before this year definetly had its ups and downs. Lets start with the numbers and get them all out of the way.

Weight started: 239
Current weight: 159
Lost 80lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bmi start: 39.8
Bmi current: 26.5
Down 13.5

Measurements

Neck: starting 16, current 13 = -3 inches
Bust: starting 51, current 40 =- 11 inches
Waist: starting 48, current 36 = -12 inches
Hips: starting 48.5, current 37.5 = -11 inches
Thigh: starting 26, current 20 = -6 inches

Not bad for 12 months. I haven't always been diligent, but I never gave up and I think that is what got me here.

My change in frame of mind is what has been most amazing. I feel more postive and know that I really can accomplish anything.

The only disappointment over the last year was our lack of pregnancy. But I still believe taking a break for the summer is whats best. So far I am enjoying my time. I have eaten all sorts of taboo foods and even went out and drank way too much last weekend. We hadn't just gone to a bar and played pool and drank in sooooo long. This is good for our marriage and without a healthy marriage my life would be empty.

More importantly what I have learned is that I am not alone. That is priceless

Okay now with all that out of the way here comes my summer plans. So after doing my monthly weigh in today I decided not to weigh in again until the end of August. I have 14 lbs to lose, which I think is totally doable. Is that even a word? Anyway, I want to focus on weight training and boosting my cardio and see what happens. Now I just need help coming up with a weight training routine. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

That's awesome! (But I think there is a typo in your starting weight.)

shpprgrl said...

You should be soooo proud! I'm definitely proud for you, because that is really an accomplishment! Great job!

phlegmfatale said...

Wow - congratulations - VERY well done. I hope you are proud of the way you have embraced a different take on life - changing the mindset is more important and more difficult than changing what you eat from day to day. I loved reading of your success!