Mar 24, 2009

Don't look directly at the baby....he's so cute he'll knock your socks off



He's just so handsome its no wonder I have been bitten by the baby bug again. Yes, I was the one who was dragging my heels, but I think I'm about to give in. We aren't trying for a few reasons, the most important one being that I am still breastfeeding and haven't started cycling yet again, the second being Mr fatty. Since his first SA came back so crappy and improved so much after vitamins I decided that he should start up again. It will take a few months, but hopefully we will both be ready at the same time. I think I'm ready but I totally reserve the right to flip out and change my mind at any moment.

As for the sitution with my mother its been tough. She was kicked out of the nursing home because her insurance won't cover it. She didn't have any friends, and none of her family wants her so she is here and I'm her caregiver at this point. She is such a pain in my ass. She refuses to drink water or eat anything besides sweets (she is diabetic) and most of the time doesn't take her meds. I'm just having a hard time. I treat her will respect and compassion but its. just. hard. We don't know how long this will go on so I'm trying to prepare for the long haul. I'm looking into counseling about the entire issue and we'll see how that goes.

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

that is one handsome boy!

i am so sorry to hear how things are progressing with your mother

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I'm not wearing socks otherwise those socks would be gone! So adorable!!

Thinking of you and wishing you the best with your mom.

Kate said...

So CUTE. I am so sorry about your mom's situation.

Courtney said...

You are so brave and strong to be caring for your mother. I truly admire your strength.

And as for that little one...he is beyond adorable. I tried not to look directly at him, but I just couldn't help myself. :)

anji said...

OMG, she's living with you?

I wish you all of the strength and serenity in the world during this time! stay strong!!

I don't believe in insurance anymore... after I was refused sick leave. Fortunately in Canada we have this stuff covered (nursing homes too I think, if you really, really, really can't afford it)... high taxes suck but sometimes it helps....

*big hugs*