Jan 22, 2008

Today was brought to you by the number



I never thought I would reach this point. Ever. But I'm starting to become a tad bit more comfortable. My dreams have gone from being dead baby dreams to breastfeeding and stinky diaper dreams. Beyond that I find that the doubts about this pregnancy are starting to remain in the back of my head and only forcing their way forward about once a day instead of being the only thing on my mind.

I should update about the u/s too. Little fatty decided to cooperate and not only showed all his spine, but just simply would not be still. We are talking flips, rolls, punches and kicks. The tech was nice enough to keep scanning and let us watch for a bit. I've seen my chart and the ones from the beginning to about 14 weeks are just full of spotting and bleeding. But whatever reason she chose to let us watch a bit longer than normal I accept it and am so greatful. Little fatty did do the customary legs up and open shot so we did get absolute confirmation that this little one is packing a penis.

Did I mention we are not having a shower? It's really pissing a lot of people off too. I may be getting more comfortable with the entire pregnancy thing, but I'm still not comfortable enough to throw a party for a baby that isn't here yet. We are having a big party after the baby is bornwhich we will combine it with the traditional buddhist celebration. We aren't buying anything beforehand either. Gasp! Well we are going to get a car seat and a few outfits, but nothing else. Mr. fatty and middle fatty (our 8 year olds new nickname) will go out and do the shopping for little fatty. They are excited to go out and do this. Mr.fatty said it makes him feel more involved since the moms are the focus during pregnancy and birth.

Thats really it. Life is pretty dull in the fatty household right now and I'm loving it.

9 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Congrats- glad you are loving it

ultimatejourney said...

What a relief! Here's to lots of dullness for the next 16 weeks or so.

anji said...

So glad to hear :D

The post-baby shower thing could be fun too... then they can like, you know, *see* the baby???

Natalie said...

Yay for the flips! I'm super happy for you, that not only you saw the spine and all is well, but that you're getting to think forward now. That's awesome.

Amanda said...

What a wonderful lovely number! I'm so glad that little fatty decided to cooperate (and show off) for you. Hooray!

Jennifer said...

YAY for healthy babies! I'm so happy for you!!!

Joy said...

exciting!

You know a lot of my Canadian friends do a baby shower after the baby is born. Apparently it's quite common.

I'm sure our friends and family would also have a grand fit if we decided to do the same thing, but I definitely understand the inclination.

I'm an OCD planner by nature, but honestly, beyond a few very small necessities, newborns don't need much.

We don't plan to find out the sex before birth, so if we wait until after birth for everything, we can still do gender-specific stuff then.

Makes sense to me!

Courtney said...

Congrats on 25 weeks and hooray for uneventfulness!!!

Christy said...

I'm so glad you are having sweet dreams now. Keep it up!