Apr 23, 2008

The elephant in the backseat

Forgive me all for the lack of post and comments but I'm still on borrowed a friends computer and just really don't have a lot of time to do anything at the moment. Dsl repairs are supposed to happen this week so lets all keep our fingers crossed. I'm getting caught up...just really slowly.

Sooooooo. We have completed all the classes and such and on Sunday went on the birth tour. Everything came to a screeching hault when the tour guide asked us all about our carseats. Hrm. Talk about being put on the spot, and getting slightly embarassed. So after the tour mr.fatty and I went into that babystore. You know, the big one that is all baby all up in your face. After much feeling and fabric discussions we picked one and off we went. It was okay when it was in the box, but something changed when we took it out of the box and he installed it. Now everytime I get in the car its like a 5 point harness rear facing elephant staring holes in the back of my head. I'm an emotional turtle and so it will take me a while to adjust but I will get there. Mr.fatty reminded me not to take too long because in less than 3 weeks the backseat elephant will have a passenger. SHIT. Could I really be that close? Well since I was starting to dialate at my last appointment and I have been losing bits of plug here and there I assume it is true.

I'm still working on a picture post, but am hesitant to sticky up my friends computer with useless pics so I will wait a few more days.

Off to try to catch up on some comments.

7 comments:

anji said...

Amazing! So close yet so far away :D

Can't wait to see pics, I hope you will post some of your wee one!

AwkwardMoments said...

Oh wow So close! THANKS for commenting. I was wondering if all was well with you!

Jackie said...

Congrats, you are almost there!!! I've also been driving around with a carseat in the back. I also have an absorbent diaper covering the driver's seat. You know, just on the off chance my water should break whilst I'm driving. Good times!

Courtney said...

Soon that elephant will turn into a beautiful little being who is riding with his mother in the car. I hope that time gets here very, very soon! Hang in there!!!

anji said...

waiting waiting waiting!waiting waiting waiting!waiting waiting waiting!waiting waiting waiting!waiting waiting waiting!waiting waiting waiting!waiting waiting waiting!waiting waiting waiting!waiting waiting waiting!waiting waiting waiting!

Can you tell I'm waiting? :D

Can't wait to hear your news!

Michelle said...

I second the waiting comment!!! come on, spill it... baby yet? We're dying for some news out here!

Erin said...

Only 2 days to go, you must be so excited! Can't wait to hear the big news!!!