Apr 2, 2008

Are we there yet?

So sorry for the silence. It all started with the simple urge to get a new rug. It ended up with tearing out the living room walls, and in the process somehow totally destroying my dsl connection. Mr. fatty swears he didn't do it on purpose. So now I'm on the lengthy waiting list to have a hand dandy service man come out and fix it up. The house, however, looks fantastic. We remodeled the living room, guests room, and part of the garage. As you can tell its dangerous to have a nesting woman around and no nursery to focus on.

The pregnancy is going well. Had a bit of a scare and took a lovely trip to labor and delivery, but it just turned out to be two massive kidney stones. I swear I will never laugh at someone who has kidney stones again. Passing those was like having a volkswagon driven through my side. We have completed our childbirth classes and feel about as prepared as we can be.

I will be back as soon as I can with some pics of the new place.

7 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

my you have been busy. Sorry to hear bout the kidney stones

Jackie said...

I have heard that kidney stones are more painful than childbirth. Can you comment?

anji said...

Only 40 days left, eh? holy crap that went fast... well, it seems to me that way anyways, hehe... :)

Erin said...

Glad you are feeling better. I have heard of how painful those are, that had to be terrible. Looking forward to seeing your pics. I love remodeling!

Kate said...

Ouch! Glad you're feeling better!

Courtney said...

OMG! You have had a busy (and not to mention traumatic) few weeks! I hope the dust is starting to settle now and you are seeing your nesting efforts coming to fruition. You are almost there!!!

*Can't wait to see pictures of all your hard work!

ultimatejourney said...

I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes more smoothly!