Dec 30, 2008

Pressure


Yesterday my nephew asked me what my new years resolution was. Those that have been with me for a while know I never set them. The last thing I need in my life is more pressure to do something I can't already fit into my day. Am I the only one that thinks this is a truly rediculous tradition. Most resolutions aren't kept anyway. In my life I have found that small goals made day to day add up to much bigger results. Instead I use this as a time of reflection to look back on the year and really take in all that has happened. I try to find the good so that when I think back on the year I don't see all the negatives and what I didn't accomplish.
This year I brought home the ultimate prize so everything else just doesn't seem to matter. Sure my pants still don't fit, my laundry is usually a load or two behind and I haven't mopped the bathroom in over a week. None of it matters. In years past it was harder to see the positives but I always managed to find one or two amongst the shit heap. So I ask all of you, what was a good thing that happened this year?

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I think I am fortunate enough to say that I share the same ultimate prize as you, and it truly is a reward. Congratulations on a great 2008, and many wishes for an even more amazing 2009. :)

Melis.sa said...

hmm. I guess that I learned that I need to take care of myself much, much more. Which sounds selfish, but a great way to stay sane.

Wishing you & your family a safe and healthy new year!

AwkwardMoments said...

I also share the ultimate prize that you and Courtney were also rewarded with