Jan 18, 2009

I'm sprung


Show and Tell
It's time to share again everyone for those who don't play along just click that very attractive icon and come share with all of us.

Today is cold shitty outside. No way around that. Its windy and frigid and sitting here all bundled up makes me long for spring. So today I thought I would share two of my favorite flowers from my garden.

First there is this one which was really that orange. Its not altered. The funny part is I planted white ones so imagine my suprise when this came popping out.




Next is this geranium. Its just so lovely to look at. It grows so quietly by the fence until it just erupts with color all at once.







And alas, poor Darwin is ready for spring too. He says its too damn cold for cats, and all the wind is messing his fur.

So there it is. I miss spring. Now I'm off to see what everyone else is sharing.

11 comments:

Megan said...

Very pretty.

Beautiful Mess said...

I love the orange flower, it's so vibrant and beautiful. I, too long for spring and the warmth on my arms *sigh* Thank you for sharing.
Enjoy your day,
-D

areyoukiddingme said...

Pretty flowers...although I've spent the last 8 years trying to kill off some geraniums because I don't like how they smell. I'd like to see a little snow before spring, as we are apparently the ONLY ones not getting any (how odd, right in the middle of the midwest and no snow). But, the cold, that could go.

AnotherDreamer said...

Beautiful pics. I miss spring too (*sigh*) Stupid winter.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Your geraniums are much prettier than the monochrome pink ones that I used to have.

..al said...

Beautiful pictures those....What is the orange flower called?

And the geranium looks great! Tell Darwin, I am waiting for the spring too! :)

Coffeegrljapan said...

Beautiful! And I miss spring too....

Brenna said...

Lovely! Wonder how long it will take spring to find its way to Ohio? *Sigh* (Although I must admit, all of our snow is actually very pretty!)

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Just what I needed today -- a spark of color. I get so tired of not only the cold, but of the drab.

Cara said...

Oh Lord - the idea of Spring makes me giggle! This last week it was an AVERAGE of -10 here! Today, a balmy 25 degrees felt rather springlike!

Malky B. said...

Beautiful flowers and cute cat. Tell kitty I can't wait for spring either.