Feb 24, 2009

Sorry I kind of left everything hanging, but I have been quite busy. So she did infact make it off the ventilator. She stayed in the ICU for a bit. During that time it was discovered she is having some issues mentally. She cannot remember a good portion of anything. She cannot walk, dress herself or basicly do anything. She is slowly learning how to talk again. The drs have said it appears to be some form of alzheimers (sp?) but we won't know more until there is some testing done. The shittiest part of all of it is that we had to put her in a nursing home. I just don't have the time or strength to care for her. I don't know why I'm so conflicted since she never gave a shit about me, but I am. So everyday I go see her. Some days she remembers me, some she doesn't. I just sit there and wonder how differently all of this could have gone.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

oh hun, what a hard situation. You are a great daughter.

Kate said...

I am so sorry. That must be a hard thing deal with.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

God, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Fertilized is right - you are a great daughter.

Rachel said...

Gosh that sounds tough. I am sorry!

Thank you for stopping by my blog, I appreciate it.

Rachel