Feb 19, 2008

Today is brought to you by the letter



Yes, v as in viable. Believe it or not this was not the first thing on my mind. It was a call from the nurse that reminded me. She called to ask how the diet was going and to remind me of this important milestone. Have I mentioned I love my nurse?

I've been doing okay on the diet front. I lost 5 lbs almost instantly, but they said to expect that. I do feel craploads better. The only thing I miss is juice, and I suppose I can go 12 weeks without that. I suppose I should call and set up my childbirth class and hospital tour times. I'm still just dragging my feet. Two couples we are really close to are due around the same time I am and BOTH have their nurseries completed already. As they sit and talk about what kind of soap they used to wash everything I just kind of stare off into space. The showers are coming soon too. I really wish I knew if this feeling of shell shock is normal. Don't get me wrong. I am totally in love with this little boy already. I know he will be a night owl like his mom and judging by how much he moves during conan I'm guessing it will be one of his favorite shows too. But still. Its like my brain totally disconnected the idea of pregnancy= baby.

Speaking of pregnancy things that might be taboo....I don't know if I ever mentioned I had a pretty severe battle with ppd after my first. I always thought it was due to the fact that I was alone and unprepared, or that I had to go to work almost immediately or starve. But as I get closer I wonder...was it hormonally related? How do you prepare yourself for this? Maybe I'll ask mel to mention it for me. I'm sure I can't be the only one..right?

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

YAH for the letter V!!! Congrats... And i know you are not the only one

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Yay for 28 weeks!

I think the shell shocked feeling comes with the IF territory. I'm almost 38 weeks and my nursery is still a work in progress and the clothes still haven't been washed. I've never been more excited about something in my life, but for some reason my usual anal-retentive-planning-every-move self is a little behind the ball on this!

ultimatejourney said...

Congrats on viability! And sticking to your diet! I'm glad you're feeling better.

I agree with SO that the shell shocked thing is IF-related. I'm almost 37 weeks and my nursery is still very much in progress too. I haven't even given much thought to packing a hospital bag. Don't worry, you're not alone!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Do you want me to put in something about PPD?

I think it can come from so many spaces--hormones or situation. And you can be proactive but I don't know if you can circumvent it entirely. Perhaps treat it as it comes vs. letting it get worse.

Congratulations on viability! That is a huge milestone :-)

Courtney said...

Congratulations on reaching such a HUGE milestone!!!