Mar 6, 2008

Remember shortly after my miscarriage I found out my nephew and his wife (I consider her my niece, but not by blood) were having a baby and was due on my due date? I felt so much anger and hurt and honestly like they had somehow taken my baby from me. As time has gone on I have grown to love their little girl, and just recently wondered if their daughter and our son would be close as they were growing up. As my heart has started to heal we have become a lot closer as family, but still in the back of my head I always wondered why they got lucky first. They are young and since I'm 30 and mr. fatty is 40 we aren't exactly hot young things anymore.

Today we found out my nephew has lukemia. He is in his early 20's with a new baby and is scared to death he won't live to see her ride a bike. Family is being tested for bone marrow type, but still it will be a while before we know anything. Now I feel selfish and I am so glad their baby came first. I just can't imagine him not being here.

I guess I should update on the pregnancy too....we hit a bit of a bump in the road, but won't know more for a week or so. My ob thinks I have cholestasis. Yes I freaked out but nothing can be done until we are certain. So for now I itch and wait.

This has been a long week.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew. I hope that healing finds its way to him and also to you. Hugs to you...

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Your family is in my thoughts!

anji said...

wow - you literally meant ITCH! I had to look up what it was.... says it can be cause by fatty foods... does that mean you need to stop nibbling Mr. Fatty? Heh.

In more serious things, I really hope a donor is found and available for your nephew.

I can imagine how tough it'd be, being in your shoes... but - God really does have his own timing in how things work out. I'm sure things will work out for your nephew... Have you tested yet?

Janette105 said...

My nephew was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was 17. He just finished his 2 1/2 year treatment. He's taken a beating, but he's going to be fine. You tell your nephew to kick cancer's BUTT! You and your family have been added to my daily prayers!! Hang in there! Looking forward to baby news, too!

Tuesday said...

How are you? What did the doctor say?

AwkwardMoments said...

How are things going with you?

Cyster Sister said...

I understand how you felt about your miscarriage. When we found out we were first pregnant last year, we learned one week later that my husband's sister and BIL were pregnant and due at the same time. We miscarried a few weeks later and I didn't think I could make it through. She had the baby on our supposed due date which was also crushing, and we have both been trying to separate our pain from their joy.

I am sorry to hear about your nephew's Leukemia. I hope everything works out and he is able to successfully fight it.

My husband's sister found out she has Polycystic Kidney Disease PKD, and that her kidneys are functioning at 95%. Eventually she will need dialysis and the family is testing because it is hereditary, and also to find out if there is a possible kidney match for down the road if needed.

Sorry this is long. Just want to let you know you are not alone and you are in my thoughts.