Sep 26, 2007

what a week

Thank you all again for the support. I guess I have been a bit crappy on the updates but I was caught in a very odd place. The spotting stopped and the betas rose, but two times they failed to find a heartbeat. Yesterday the dr. that is filling in for mine just admitted she was horrible at it and sent me to the big guns. When I checked into the ultrasound department at the hospital my heart was beating so loud I could hardly concentrate.

They took mercy on me and called me back early. I had a nice u/s tech who only measured each ovary twice before we got to the good stuff. We did indeed find my little passenger, whos heart was beating at a beautiful 150 bpm. I haven't really checked with dr. google yet, but she assured me that it was great. I never thought I would make it 7 weeks, or see that little heart beating away. I am in total awe right now. And I know I have a lot of commenting to catch up on!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear about the heartbeat!

AwkwardMoments said...

oh fantastic heart beating !!

ultimatejourney said...

Hooray, I'm so happy to hear this news!

Amanda said...

I am soooo glad they found the hearbeat!!!! Yay!!!!!

Michelle said...

yay! and double yay!!

BigP's Heather said...

YAY!! Glad they got someone who knew what they were doing...

Erin said...

She assured you correctly--congratulations! I'm so glad that everything is looking good!

Christy said...

Yay! So glad to hear that things are looking up!

Rian said...

This is just wonderful news!!!

niobe said...

What a wild and terrifying ride. I'm so glad it turned out well.

Erin said...

I could not be happier for you right now. I've been checking, and checking, and praying that all is ok. Wonderful news!

Kristen said...

YAY for the hearbeat! So happy for you!

anji said...

I haven't stopped prayin' since you had your moment of panic! Thank God :) I'm so happy to see this post... I'll keep praying until the day you deliever I think! This pregnancy couldn't happen to such a more deserving person!

K said...

What a relief for you, I'm sure!
Congrats,again.

Joy said...

150 is fantastic. YAY!!
So happy to hear this.

Courtney said...

I am so relieved that they were able to find the heartbeat, and such a good one at that!

Congratulations!

Cibele said...

I am so happy to hear about the heartbeat. Isn't is the sweetest sound??? congratulations