Nov 9, 2008

The things that keep you up at night

I just typed about a gazillion words about my marriage. And then deleted them. When I look back at this I don't want to remember my issues with something that happened a long time ago, is probably not that big of a deal, and something I can't change. Instead I want to remember this morning. Something as simple as a kiss and I love you in the shower makes me know we can make it through this. I love you honey and I know we can be okay again. This is my hangup and I need time to heal, and we know that can be a slow process so try to be patient. We are worth it.





2 comments:

anji said...

I have the same troubles, letting go of the past. But, the present and the future are what really count, right??? I'm glad you can see it this way. Somedays may be easier than others but you can do it... just reach back to this moment -- the one of clarity -- and regain that back when you need it.

:)

Courtney said...

Being able to be 'in the moment' feels like such a challenge at times. I think it is because our brains are always thinking about a million things, and not necessarily the ones that are right in front of us.

So happy that you are cherishing those loving moments with the husband. :)