Apr 24, 2009

I really don't know how some of you do it. Moms of kids that have medical issues have an all new level of respect from me after today. It started a few days ago when I noticed B was favoring one leg and not wanting to crawl/cruise on one side. Then yesterday even the slightest bit of pressure on his leg would cause a horrible round of screaming. So today I took him to the ped and they ran xrays and they came back fine. Phew. But since the dr seen he was still pulling that leg away from being touched and not putting weight on it she decided it was best to do some bloodwork and make sure everything is okay. I was totally unprepared for this. Now keep in mind he had just screeched his way through his sore leg being held down for an x ray. We went into the lab and I was feeling like an ass. I knew it was needed but damn it my baby was going to be hurt. The phlebotomist was good and only poked him once. He did have to dig for a vein a little bit (Sorry B looks like you have moms crappy veins) but it was over quick. He screamed so loud I'm contemplating having a hearing test now....

So now I wait. I wait with a heavy feeling in my stomach for the ped to call with the results. I swear these few hours feel like an eternity.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I hope that he is ok. Poor little guy. I'll pray for you guys.
Erin

AwkwardMoments said...

Saying prayers for the labs and B

The Rebound Girl said...

Many prayers that all is absolutely fine.

anji said...

*fingers crossed*

Hope it all came out okay!

Joy said...

Yes, you probably realize now why I always refer to it as "baby torture."
Hope everything is okay. Poor little fella!