May 6, 2009

Anyone ready for a tmi psa about the penis?????

I'm going to use frank language here. Just a warning

For a few months Mr.fatty has randomly been losing erections. He would go from fully aroused to flat in well a second flat for no reason. He didn't know why and I must admit it made me feel like shit. Like I'm not self concious enough now my husband couldn't even keep an erection. It made me feel unatractive and unwanted. It ruined our 5th anniversary. We barely spoke, didn't even kiss. Well you get the picture. So life is moving along and I make a routine appointment for him to get a check up. His dr ordered a full panel and then everything became clear. His blood pressure was elevated and his cholesterol was through the roof. The dr said one of the indications of heart issues can be sudden loss of erections. Well there is something I did not know. The dr said undetected he was definetly on his way to a heart attack or stroke. He is only 42 and maybe 10lbs overweight and exercises all the time. I can't imagine not having him around.

So now we have been turned a bit upside down and are having to change the way we do everything. Some of the meds do lower male fertility and for now we are trying to avoid them, but it may be something he has to do soon. Since mr.fatty had low volume and a high amount of abnormal forms in the first place I just don't know where this puts us.

I know this is common but it scared the crap out of me. We really do have to start taking better care of ourselves. I started by cutting out sweets and doing that jilian M 30 day shred video. It was painful....I definetly feel shredded now.

7 comments:

chicklet said...

Gawd, hearing he's on the way... that would scare the living bejesus out of me. My dad died when my mum was in her 40's - that's something that really freaks me out. Hang in there. Hopefully you two (three) can make some positive changes:-)

Joy said...

We've been through the same thing.

I hope your hubby is better about following through about his health than mine is.

You'd think the loss of the beloved woody would spur him to take better care of himself, but apparentlyt that isn't so.

Courtney said...

Oh crap! I'm so glad that you got Mr. Fatty to the doctor's office and got him checked out. Hopefully the changes you all are making will help smooth things out with his health.

Thinking about you...

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Wow, I'm glad you found things out before it was too late. My dad just had a heart attack in February and it is life altering.

AwkwardMoments said...

Pcos Can SUCK IT!

I am so sorry about MR Fatty. I am so glad that you made an appointment for him. Thinking of you both

Kate said...

I didn't know that!! So glad the Dr. caught it in time.

Erin said...

I've just been diagnosed with high blood pressure myself. I am trying the DASH diet out and it seems to be working. See if he'll give it a try.
Hope you guys are ok.