May 26, 2009

Our summer challenge



We thought we were going to try that entire baby thing again this summer but obviously the universe sees otherwise. (I will go into this on a later post) So instead I've decided to throw myself into something else. What is it? Being the biggest cheap ass I can. After going over the budget I see little cracks where money seems to be leaking out. Kind of like weather proofing the house we are going to weather proof our finances. I had mr.fatty hang a clothes line for me which I think is going to be the biggest money saver. It seems like we are running the dryer constantly. We planted our garden full of veggies and fruit so hopefully once those start to mature we won't have to spend so much on groceries. But really my mindset has just changed. When I go to the store now instead of "oh thats cute" my brain automaticly goes " do you REALLY need that". It's something that will take me a bit to get going because I need to gather all our info so there can be full disclosure. I'm not sure if this will remain here or moved somewhere else but I'm excited about this idea. I know I have personally wondered what people made, where it went, and how they budgeted and stayed on track.

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i hear ya! Goodluck

anji said...

i have an awesome little spread-sheet I use that helps me figure it out. If you like (but have to spend money), get Microsoft Money (or some other budget tracking system) and it actually tells you where your money goes... worth it for me! if you want my spreadsheet, just email me at chapeski@gmail.com

You will need to tailor it to your family but it's very basic (but useful). Sometimes less is best.