May 13, 2009

Perfect Parent Syndrome

I have got a fantastic idea. Can we as women, as moms quit being so damn judgemental? I'm not talking about you guys. But lately I have been so overwhelmed by all the 'perfect' parents around me. I can ask a question about anything and I'm met with "oh my child walked at two months, composed a symphony at 3 months, got his phd at 4, and was able to recite all the names of the seven dwarfs in alphabetical order while blindfolded all by 5 months. Well, shit on me then. Yes, I'm aware my son is 'still' babbeling and he's almost a year old. Yes, I know he still falls down a lot. Yes, I know he is chewing on a twig.

Its too much. We ALL have our moments. I don't know a single parent who hasn't had a bad moment. Some of us are just blessed to have more than others. Can we all just admit we aren't perfect parents? PLEASE.

I'll go first. Today my son ate what appeared to be a beetle. I'm not sure, but the leg he had stuck to his tooth did indeed look like a beetle. Such are the hazards of gardening. Anyone else care to confess?

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I don't give a shit anymore when my son eats, dirt, leaves, stick insert whatever outside nature he found ... I just Can't find the time to care.

My name is Farah and my son is 11 months old and I may let him have the pacifier til he goes to college - If you don't
like it, bite me!

Uhm weird, My word verfi is coexist ...

Joy said...

Dude.. Robbie's almost a year old and scores like 2 months on gross motor skills. Okay, the last few weeks he's improved a little. He might be 4 months now.

He'd probably be eating beetles but he can't move anywhere to get to them.
He does eat a pretty fair amount of cat hair, though.
Whatever. It's fiber.

--Trish

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I let my kid crawl around with my 2 100 pound dogs and I'm sure he has eaten more dog hair in his 14 months than veggies!

Courtney said...

It does seem at times to be a pretty exclusive club, this parenting gig. If only those that are so busy trying to prove their perfection would realize that they most likely just covering up their own insecurities.

I hate feeling like I am not doing enough. All I know is that my child is happy, and really, what else matters?

Sorry you are feeling judged. To hell with 'em.