Sep 5, 2005

hold on to your underpants

My inner child is six years old today

My inner child is six years old!


Look what I can do! I can walk, I can run, I can
read! I like to do stuff, and there's a whole
big world out there to do it in. Just so long
as I can take my blankie and my Mommy and my
three best friends with me, of course.


How Old is Your Inner Child?
brought to you by Quizilla







I should really get a hobby. Soon.

So as I was cruising around some blogs today I found an interesting opinion on home schooling. I will not say its a bad idea, but I will say that I would never make my son do it. Ever. Its not that its a bad thing, I just think that social skills are a must in this world (and I don't care what anyone says) school is the best place to learn them. Ohhhhhhhhh I hope I get lots of nasty emails about this. That is where I learned that everyone is different, lunch is best eaten with friends, and that you do have to follow rules sometimes. I believe in it so much that I made the decision to send my son to private school even though we had the opportunity to go private. I think that being a teacher is a selfless act, and that should never be criticized. Okay, I'm stepping off my box.

I'm still shrinking. Everyday I get smaller. I really should have taken a few before pictures but fat chicks usually aren't fond of posing. I have an update thou. When we were camping I walked around in my swim suit. Not just when we were swimming, but for most of the day. In front of people, rangers, and wildlife. I was not ashamed. Not at all. I am a work in progress, but so far my progress is beautiful. Or at least my husband thinks so. And that makes me happy. Not that my happiness is dependant on what he thinks I look like, but being complimented feels good.

I feel like a kid in a candy store. My body shop order arrived today and I am fixing to bubble, scrub and moisturize myself into oblivion. Mmmmmmmm coconut.

3 comments:

Allan said...

Has someone taken your faith?
Its real, the pain you feel
The life, the love
You die to heal
The hope that starts
The broken hearts
You trust, you must
Confess
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?


Big Bugs are everywhere. Bathing suits around strangers is a big step.. Congrats/...

Jennifer said...

I always knew I wasn't talking to a real adult! :)

Jennifer said...

Alrighty then... I actually read the whole post this time and wanted to say YAY for walking around in your bathing suit! You rock!

I got into a conversation with one of my coworkers Monday about home schooling. It definitely has up sides, but I cannot imagine having grown up without seeing my classmates every day. She says they have a group of homeschooled children that go on field trips and have little workshops and stuff, but that's just not the same. At the same time, it would be nice to customize a child's education. I remember being bored all through kindergarten and first grade, because I already knew it all. My parents taught me how to read, write, add, and subtract before I went to school. Too bad you can't have the best of both worlds.