Sep 29, 2005

The long nap


I have been hibernating for a bit so pardon me. My sons journey into school has been difficult and the seasons are changing so I just kind of feel well ugh.
Due to the near decapatating of several innocent bystanders I have gone back on my metformin. Yayyyyyyyy. Well not really, I didn't want to but I'm afraid dr. m would hunt me down and kick my butt if I didn't. He could take me down too.

The house has been decorated inside and out with bats and skulls. The first round of pumpkins have been cut from the garden and I officially have halloween fever. When I close my eyes I have visions of witches and goblins laughing as they munch down on candy. I can hear the screams and laughs of the terrified ones. Usually its the parents that get freaked out. Lets just hope mother nature doesn't shit on oregon and make it rainy this year. But like a true portlander we all have costumes that could easily fit over rain gear. I like to give bonus candy to the parents who care enough to take their kids out in the rain. This year my son has school on halloween. I considered (for about 2 seconds) cutting back his partying time so that he would be able to get up for school the next morning, but I'd rather let him have his fun and then drag him out of bed and revive him with a snickers.

You are only six once right?

I miss my husband. He is working a lot lately and it sucks. If he would let me work he wouldn't have to kill himself to make sure we are comfortable. He seems okay with the idea and then when I find a job he always comes up with some reason for me not to take it. My solution? Take it anyway. I want to work at a store during the holidays so I can get a bit of a discount on some things. It will help us out in more than one way. He's a kind and loving man, although by his own admission he knows squat about romance. I do mean squat. But he tries. I wonder if there is a course for that at the local y or something.

3 comments:

Ciera said...

HI! Here from Michele's.

Pumkins......kind of makes me hungry for pie.

HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Love the albums you have posted. Thanks for coming by earlier.

ribbiticus said...

i wish we had real pumpkins to use for haloween. over here, store-bought decorations are the way to go. hi, here via michele. :)