Sep 13, 2005



I am just kind of stuck. I'm in a weird place right now. Before I go into this I want to say that I have worked very hard for my weightloss and am extremely proud of it. I am weirded out. Lately people have been coming up to me and complimenting me a lot. My own neice said she almost didn't recognize me. And people are looking at me. When you are fat people kind of avoid looking. And after 20 some odd years its strange to have that change in 4 months. I'm wearing clothes I never thought and am shopping for lingerie. I know it sounds fun but its a big change in my life. Its not just a pants size, its how I do every little thing in my life. Its everything. I need to adjust. Its true when they say that in order to really lose weight you have to change everything about your life. I miss some things about my old me. But then again on shitty days I miss smoking too. Just because I miss it doesn't make it good for me.

Besides that everything is groovy baby.

3 comments:

Allan said...

You are not alone. My Wife said to me "There are worse things in life than being admired !!" Keep up the great work !!

Amy said...

I'm right there with you. It is hard when people make a big deal, or even just make a little compliment. When we're fat we can fade into the background, which was always preferable for me most of the time. Still after losing over 60 pounds, I'm not comfortable with it. Most of the time when I get a compliment, I always say "yeah, but I have alot more to go". Its hard but we need to accept comments and try to "see" what they see. Good luck!

Ghone said...

Thanks for the link!
Keep up the good work and you'll get to where you want to be.
:o)