Jul 18, 2007

What is tmi anyway?

Okay now that I've got a bit of pain meds in my system its time to write about IUI #2! Apparently I strained not one but two muscle groups so yeah..I'm talented. Anyway back to the iui.

I got my suprisingly early +opk on monday which kind of horrified me since we had quite the love fest twice on sunday but I went ahead and made the appointment for tuesday. This time Mr.fatty (lets call him mf) wanted me in the room with him during his uhhhhh deposit time. So being the helpful wife I am I adorned myself with my best lingerie under my dress that morning. Good thing I did. For the first time he was nervous....really nervous. But what I think is funny was him telling me to lift my dress and bend over. May be odd but it worked people! Even after we almost had accidental penetration (please don't ask) he gave his best sample ever and went from 30 million to 47 million and the motility even went up! Even better the lab tech showed us his little army of penetrators and he was amazed to see them. I guess even though he has been having good results he still never really believed it because he hadn't seen it. Now he feels confident in their ability.

On my side the iui was painless and went well. Apparently my mucus looked a bit better this month, but there wasn't much of it at all. I feel like I ovulated about 5 hours later so I think th timing was pretty good. I hate to say it but I'm hopeful. Yep, I know I am setting myself up for disappointment but this month I'm okay with that. I say that now but in two weeks I'll probably be crying into a bottle of wine.

Has anyone been having issues with blogger lately? I swear its hard for me to even login because it keeps refreshing. Then the damn autosave keeps losing my post. I might have to just fork over some cash and buy my own site. Andyone know anything about that?

8 comments:

Sunny said...

Oh the things we do for our men. I 'helped' our last time as well. I couldn't help but laugh in my head the entire time.

FINGERS CROSSED!

ultimatejourney said...

Ooh, it sounds great! I'm hopeful too!

AwkwardMoments said...

Hahahh this made me laugh - yes blogger has been screwing up alot lately - i tend to type in word then copy it over - i hate that autosave crap- GOod luck to hope this cycle - i know about that hope - i let it creep in ALOT lately and i may have to pay for that - but hopefully not ;)

Joy said...

hahaha.. Love this post. The things we'll do for a baby. Hope your gametes are mingling nicely!

Natalie said...

That's f*ing hilarious! I'm trying to figure out what to do for my husband (well, i know what to do but i need new ammo) to help with our first IUI and your dress story rocks. I'm off to figure out which skirt...

Good luck with the hope, I'm having a hard time with it too this month. I'm only on my first IUI so naive in hoping it might really work.

anji said...

Let me know if you need help setting up a website... I've done it for quite a while (er, 10 years now at least, maybe more!)

Email me at a.northern.girl@hotmail.com and I can tell you what to do to set one up :)

Courtney said...

Now that is some creativity in the doctor's office!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Very funny story! Wishing you all the best in this 2ww!