Jul 30, 2007

Shallow

You know reatail therapy is a wonderful thing. I bought some fantastic new linens and pillows. I know it may be shallow but it made me feel worlds better. I also got a few tops and the biggest box of mint cookies I could find. But really what made me feel better was the go carts. We took 2 of my nephews and 3 of my nieces with us to the family fun center and spent the day playing lazer tag, go carts, mini golf, and bumper boats. I have the worlds worst sunburn right now, but it was totally worth it. If anyone is wondering I was top shooter every time we played lazer tag!

I know we have only done two IUI cycles but I call fowl. I'm taking August off. No meds no charting. I felt CRAZY this month. Like ready to run away and go live in a tent in the desert crazy. We want to go camping, rafting, and to a oyster and wine festival and I don't feel like worrying about anything right now so I declare august a stress free zone.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Oooh! I am going to have to become a frequent visitor to your stress free zone for this upcoming month. :)

Does this mean you have already lost hope for your current cycle? I am still holding out hope for you!

Natalie said...

Yay for you! Seriously, best thing I ever did was have that month off. Not knowing which CD it was, or why things felt certain ways - it was brilliant. Have fun:-)

ultimatejourney said...

Oyster and wine festival?!? Sounds fantastic!

Christy said...

Good for you for recognizing that you need to take a month off. I actually took off three between IUI#1 and IUI#2. I was in a much better frame of mind by #3. I also didn't take Clomid for #3 so that helped a lot too. I hope you feel like your regular self soon.

AwkwardMoments said...

Sounds like you are finding ways to spend your time instead of obsessing over cycle days and temps!!! I say More power to ya!! blessings Farah

BigP's Heather said...

I'm here via the stirrup queen.

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry this cycle was a bust.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I'm all for a stress free zone (I say as I pass you the entire bottle of tequila). I think you need it every once in a while to recharge.

Erin said...

A break is always a good idea when you need it. But it still sucks to have to take one. I hope that it's just what you need to go after IUI#3.