Oct 17, 2007

My big fat stupid update


So I have had every test run you can imagine. Today luckily my wbc were back down to normal, and dr is pretty confident it was a weird fluctuation that can happen in pregnancy. Fine, I'm okay with that.


So off come the pants for another exam and she gathers up some of this discharge I've been having and runs off with it to check for bv. It is pretty common to spot while having bv I guess. So imagine my suprise when she came back in saying she was suprised at what she seen. I do not have bv. I do however have one major yeast infection. Huh. I have no itching. My discharge is watery and not at all cottage cheese like. So just to humor me she took another slide and off she went. Oh yeah, she said there is a ton of yeasty beasties in there. I'm just floored. I've never had one before so this is new but I thought the symptoms were much different then what I have. She usually recommends not treating until 12w but said I should start tx tonight. So off I went to the drugstore reading packages of crap I had no clue on. I picked the most popular 7 day tx and let me tell you I am not looking forward to using it tonight.
Now mr. google is kind of hit and miss on this subject. It seems it can cause spotting, but sometimes not. Well thanks for the help. It didn't help that I spotted after my appointment today but really at this point I think I'm over it. I'm ready to buy black toilet paper and call it a day.
The good news was that all is well with baby. Hb was 160 something at the office today. Mr fatty got to hear it tonight too. My doppler arrived and so I was anxious to show off my dopplering skills. I should come up with a nickname for this little invader. I should also put up a ticker. I'm aware of this. But somehow even though I have seen this little one and heard its beautiful heartbeat it still feels unreal.
Okay off to insert my yeasty beasty cream.

6 comments:

Joy said...

I've had a YI w/o knowing it before, too. At my yearly exam, I was "informed."
By the time I got home from the appointment, my vajayjay was on FIRE.
I ended up having to go back for another test (unrelated) a week later and the doc said she was surprised I'd had no symptoms.
I told her that she'd stirred everything up in there & given me symptoms.

I hope you get your beasties under control w/o every getting the itching & burning. AND that it takes care of the spotting. The last thing you need is more worries..

ultimatejourney said...

My first YI was diagnosed at my annual exam as well. I had no clue. The treatment is kinda gross, but hopefully it will give you relief from the spotting. And the most important thing is that the baby is doing well!

Amanda said...

With my history of UTI's I've about a bajillion YI. Yay. (inster sarcasm) I hope yours clears up quickly and with no more spotting!

I'm dying laughing at the black toilet paper idea! Hahaha!

Congrats on your fine doppler skills! I hope it brings you many months of much needed comfort!!!!

AwkwardMoments said...

i hope you continue to havbe no symptoms from those yeasie beasties. Grats on the strong hb and doppler

Courtney said...

I hope that the doctor has found the culprit and that you will be free and clear in no time.

I think you are on to something with the black toilet paper idea! Do you know how coveted that would be with the IF crew???

Natalie said...

I'm with Courtney - you're onto something with black toilet paper...