Oct 15, 2007

Time to remember


Today is the day the world sets aside to remember the lost babies we think of every day. My loss is on my mind and heart every single day, but today it seems like its okay to be open about the remaining sadness. I still wonder every day what that baby would have looked like. Would it have the deep laugh of my husband or my soft one. Being pregnant doesn't ease the hurt. They are people and cannot be replaced or duplicated. So today I will put everything else aside and light a candle in your honor. You were so deeply loved even though your stay was short.
I am also thinking of all of you and your babies. There is no sense in the unfairness of life sometimes, but today we are not alone. Know that when you are honoring your baby/babies tonight the rest of us are there with you.

3 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Malky B. said...

Beautiful post. My due date from my miscarriage in March is fast approaching (Oct 24) and I've been down lately about it. Nice to know today is a special day to remember all the babies that didn't make it.

Courtney said...

Your post and the picture are both very nice and comforting. Hopefully all of the reflection done today will bring a sense of renewed hope in the IF community.