Jan 20, 2006

I can stop anytime...



I'm not sure if anyone remembers my christmas card bonanza, but like the crackhead that I am I have started mass mailings again. For the love of god I joined a postcard swap. It really is addictive. Pretty soon I will buying black market post cards in dark alleys from guys who wear little more than a coat. Oh yeah, its that good. But its an interesting thing when you recieve mail from accross the world. I could probably pay of the national debt from the amount of money I spend on stamps but I don't care. I like to get stuff in the mailbox besides bills and pizza coupons. And a postcard would have been a hell of a lot better than my jury summons too.

My computer has been acting like a dumbass and I am about three beeps from sending it flying out the window. Not sure how much damage a two and a half foot fall would do but I am willing to find out. In other addiction news I have something to report. I have not, I repeat NOT bought any ovulation test to pee on this month. I know, its amazing and I almost felt dirty passing them up. What will my infertile buddies think of me? Is this the beginning of the end? For anyone who doesn't know, trying to have a baby brings out this unnatural urge to pee on anything that remotely resembles a home test of any kind. Its a sickness that just overcomes you at some point. You have to know right then if you are fixing to ovulate. But right now it really doesn't matter. I know I ovulate, and we have lots of mating season sex so the rest of it is out of my hands. Will I be singing a different toon in a few weeks when my period shows up in a brilliant display of cramps and oozy red? Yep.

My son had to stay home from school today. He has been fighting a cold all week, but today the fever started so he had to stay. The funny thing was he didn't want to. Between hacks and sniffles he was crying that he would miss his friends and his crayons. He even splashed cold water on his face in an attempt to get to go. I am happy my little trouble maker loves school so much but it was really a little over dramatic (I wonder where he gets that from). So instead like a bad mom I have given in to his demands and let him take over the living room with blankets and pillows and of course, he gets to watch tv. Around here there is no tv or games on school days so spongebob made his day away from his friends and crayons not quite as sucky. I want a day of video games and cartoons and no chores. I think I'll go share a glass of juice with him...

2 comments:

Chatty said...

Thank you for keeping him home. I have noticed more and more of my students are not coming to school sick and at the risk of jinxing myself....I have yet to get sick myself!

Erin said...

So you have an addiction, that's ok, postcards are certainly better than drugs, alcohol, or food! And that actually does sound like fun.
Crazy week for me, as usual.