Jan 11, 2006

What a day to forget my mace

Today I drug my menstral butt to the gym and decided cramps or not I was going to have a great workout. About halfway thru my eliptical routine it happened. All the sweaty hairs on the back of my neck stood up on end and I knew that my ex was somewhere around me. I thought I have got to be crazy and finished up. I got off the eliptical and turned around and guess who was sitting on the exercise bike behind me?????? Come on, guess. Oh yeah it was him. I was more than a little stunned. For those of you who don't know about him let me just fill you in a bit. He is the father of my son. The man who walked away and never looked back except to call me and ask if I still wanted to uh be intimate with him. I will say it, this guy is a prick. I won't say I'm sorry I met him because I wouldn't have my son. But I really REALLY dislike this man. So I decided to handle this calmly and went up to him and just asked him that since we seem to live in the same area if we could keep it civil and just stay our distance. Want to know what he did? He yelled at me! Taking every ounce of patience I had I just said that I was happy now and didn't want any problems and that was all I had to say. I just walked away while he was still babbeling on. After I got dressed I got my son out of the kidsclub and just stopped and was amazed about how someone could ever turn their back on someone so beautiful. I never told him to stay away from his son, and in fact I encouraged visits for the first year and then one day he just said it wasn't what he wanted and walked away. We are happy now and I really cannot say what a great father my husband is, and today I realized it even more after running into farkwad. What are the chances of that happening? I just hope this doesn't turn into anything ugly. Oh, and I have to admit I got a bit of a chuckle out of the fact that he has gained about 100lbs. Mean I know, but that didn't stop me.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Well some people were put on this planet to annoy the shit out of us. Seems that is just his job. He is quite a moron to walk away, but you must be thinking, thank god he did because you and your son have a fabulous relationship and a wonderful husband and father to boot!

Allan said...

Remember that you have a great family. Remember that the "new" Dad has unconditional love for you and the child. Remember that you are happy. Now feel empathy for the bio father and dont look back. You got some stress, but it wont return. In the same boat and he is not coming back.. Be thankful and remember how lucky you are..