Mar 11, 2006

Alone



Tomorrow my husband and I will be all alone. We have been looking forward to it for a while and had all these plans but mother nature has decided to crap on us so now we are just thinking a nice dinner and maybe some wine. Its nice to go out and just be able to sit there and talk. I really love the times we just get to sit and enjoy each others company. Then for some reason I started thinking about Sandy who is over at the pea patch . It must be the hardest thing in the world to be a military wife. Just the not knowing would make me insane. Its not just a commitment from the man who is serving but also his wife and children. When I read some of her post about how she misses him, or things that remind her of him it makes me sad and amazed. I wonder if it is strange to see somene after so long, but yet feel so intimate with them at the same time.

It took me a long time to even learn to like my husband. We aren't exactly what you would call a likely pair, and most people feel free to tell us that. It has been the first time I have ever experienced racism. And yes, I'm white. But when you marry into an asian family, especially s.e. asian you better not be white. Its an odd thing to hear people ask my husband why he married a white girl, why he settled for someone not in his class. The terms white devil and blue eyed ghost are my favorite. But dare I ask the obvious question? If they hate whites so much why did they fight so hard to come to America? Did they expect America to be full of something besides americans?

Wow, I totally went off course. Sushi. I think we will go out for sushi tomorrow.

1 comment:

anji said...

my boyfriend is over in afghanistan now (canadian military) and - it's not easy at all. Very very hard, and I don't think people realise how much so... keep thinking of your friend because every bit helps :)

anji