Mar 21, 2006

I heart sweats



I have never been a very dressy person. Truth be known my favorite article of clothing is the sweats I have on now. I don't get my hair done, and really don't care much for makeup. We just found out that my husband will be part of an awards ceremony next month and it is a dress up event. I have a hard time finding jeans and t-shirts. The search for a dress may just drive me over the edge. Will I be able to find something that fits my boobs without making my butt look non existant? Will I look like mrs. claus if I decide to go with something red? Do I have to try 600 on to find the right one? I know the answer to that one is yes already. My husband is excited and actually offered to take me shopping once again. Yes, I know that was brave of him. He knows that shoe shopping will be involved to, but is still wanting to go. $20 says by the third hour he will think of a reason to end up at a sports bar.

Today I thought about buying another digital camera. I have one, I just never use it. I find the delay between pressing the button and the actual picture being taken annoying as hell. I like to take pics of things in motion, and just haven't found a digital one I actually like. I think my blog readers have also been saved by the fact that I don't have one many times. I can picture myself posting pics of mucus and stray hairs. That does sound like fun. I might just have to get one! Any reccomendations for digital cameras that aren't shit?

6 comments:

Erin said...

I love the new layout! It is so pretty. I know that's exactly what you were going for...
As for digital cameras, I am a bit of a junky as I now have 3 and the one I like the best right now is the cheapest one I bought. A Kodak EasyShare 315 purchased at Target for $89. It's small, and a decent camera. I also have a Canon Powershot, hard to figure out, and a Fuji FinePix, which I love but was like $500 and and is now in need of repair, hence the Kodak!
Good luck dress shopping, I think that you will find something that suits you. I suggest going to a fine department store with a dress department- we have Macy's here and the women will bring you things you never thought of trying on, or we also have David's Bridal which has bridal stuff, but also occasional dresses and they too have staff that will help you find something fitting.
Good Luck and have fun!

Sandy said...

Just started skimming through a few posts beyond this one. I admire your dedication to your weight loss. It's a remarkable feat and one to be proud of.

I've lost a few dress sizes in the past (and managed to find them again, dang it!) and I know that it's awfully hard to adjust your internal perception of the external you. I found, that at least at first, it was better to bring an accomplice that would honestly and really see me as I was.

Good luck and thanks for visiting me via Michele's today!

Unknown said...

i shoot with a Nikon D50. It's a Digital SLR and my baby. Of course it cost a small fortune but if the hubbys get's toys so do i.

and i can so relate to the part of your post about shopping. i am such a simple girl who loves her jeans and Birkenstocks. Dress?...*puke*

Love your site! Will be back again

oh yeah... here from Michele

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi...Michele sent me tonight! I LOVE my Digital..It's a Fujifilm 3800...(Finepix) It's my first digital, and soI have nothing to compare it to except my old Pentax SLR...(Which is one of the GREAT Camera's of all time by my way of thinking..BUT, I really like this Digital and it's not terribly complicated...You can see a lot of photographs I've taken with it on my blog...my current post has quite a few photo's of plants and flowers..but if you look back you'll see many other things...My kitty, the view from my deck, etc...
I bought it about two years ago so I honestly don't remember what it cost, but it wasn't horribly expensive...It was, If I am remebering anything right here, about $300... there are certainly more expensive camera's and if I were to upgrade I think I would stay with this OR, get a Pentax SLR Digital because all my lenses from my old SLR supposedly fit on the Digital...and that would be fantastic!

Hope you find a really nice dres without a Breakdown! (lol) I'm a sweats person myself, so I relate!

art-sweet said...

Hi Mrs. F.P.

Thanks for coming and delurking on my blog - it means a lot to us to see that kind of support. I'll be following your journey as well.

On the dig. front - I have a Nikon D70, and would highly recommend that or the D50. Pricey though.

Pili has a Panasonic Lumix - which is quite nice and not as $$ - but definitely doesn't have that infuriating shutter lag.

Good luck with everything!

Omnibabe said...

Most digital cameras come with a sports setting that is great for action pictures. You keep holding the shutter button down and every few seconds it snaps another picture. That's how I FINALLY got great pictures of difficult-to-photograph cats.