Mar 2, 2006

Booya


Okay now that I've used about 3000 gallons of lyson and my son has stopped crapping himself we are slowly returning to normal.

I seen a bumper sticker on a car today that said fat is the new black. O k a y . Is a sticker supposed to let us know that she is okay with treating herself like crap. Is it supposed to make us think she is happy? I'm not sure what to think, but I know I was amused by the fact that next to it was a sticker that said don't lie to kids. And she was eating a doughnut while she was driving. So much to say. Haha, lets leave all that alone.

I'm trying not to focus on the fact that I am 8 days past ovulation and my boobs feel like someone ran them over. I refuse to give into the fact that I have a slight hope of being knocked up. I will ignore all signs until I either start to bleed or give birth.

I noticed a disturbing trend lately. It seems that weight loss equals wife loss around here. Every woman I know that has lost a big amount of weight has left their husband. Is it that as large women they settled for anyone who would love them, or in a new body do they feel that they are better and deserve better. I have no desire to leave my husband. He loved me heavy for who I was and now loves the lighter version of me. He understands my hatred of having my hair done and makeup. He has felt the rolls and stayed. How I ask, can you find anyone better than that.

6 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Hello from Michele. Reading between the lines it sounds like your family had the same illness that we had going around here. Hope everyone is better soon.

The image of the donut eating woman cracked me up...and yet its a sad commentary at the same time. It is unfortunate that maintaining a moderate weight is never truly equated with health, as it should be, and is instead equated as a person's worth.

Rene said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was a size 3 when dh married me. Three kids later and I can't fit my big toe in a 3. But dh has never criticized or said anything. It truly isn't important to him. The only other bodies I have to compete with have four wheels and a Ford oval on the front and 8 cylinders under the hood. They can't cook or open a wine bottle so I'm not worried.

Rene said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was a size 3 when dh married me. Three kids later and I can't fit my big toe in a 3. But dh has never criticized or said anything. It truly isn't important to him. The only other bodies I have to compete with have four wheels and a Ford oval on the front and 8 cylinders under the hood. They can't cook or open a wine bottle so I'm not worried.

Erin said...

I think you have a wonderful husband, as do I. I wouldn't/couldn't ever leave him. The bumper sticker doesn't make sense to me- right over my head I guess!
Fingers are crossed that all is well.

Jennifer said...

I cracked up wen I read the bumper sticker part. It's sad wht our country has come to when it comes to weight.
I was thin when I met my hubby, but not when we married. I was wearing sizes in the 20's then (and still am)But getting smaller now. I sure don't plan on leaving him. He is my soul mate and I can't live without him.
*telling the evil witch Flo to stay away from your house for many months!

Jennifer said...

btw I am glad your family is feeling better. my son isn't full of crap, but he is full of snot. almost as bad. yuk.