Mar 4, 2006

Pity



This is the conversation that took place in the fatty house hold this morning...

husband: I opened your closet and theres only one pair of jeans and two shirts in there. What happened to all your clothes?

Me: We burned them remember

husband: So you really have nothing

Me: Kind of looks that way

husband: Okay then, lets take you shopping

Yeah you heard it, my husband OFFERED to take me shopping. So I agreed and after brunch off we went. We went to 6 different stores and spent 5 hours looking for clothes and guess what I got. One pair of pants. It is hard to find pants that fit well if you are under 5'6''. He was a good sport and drank three cups of coffe and two cokes to try to keep up, but in the long run I took him home and finished up alone. I didn't buy much because seasons are fixing to change and I don't want to buy a bunch of winter stuff right before summer. I did however, try on lots of things I plan on grabbing later.

I found out that I'm a 12 now. I have officially cut my starting size in half. That made me do a bit of a happy dance in the dressing room. My husband however is still recovering in his lazy boy with the help of a beer and some sports tv.

3 comments:

Erin said...

That is so cool! Good for you!!! I hope you find some great stuff for summer- summer clothes are more fun to buy anyway.
I admire you for sticking to your workouts and healthy eating. And I hope to be trying on size 12 in the coming months as well.

Jennifer said...

Guys just can't understand what it's like for us to shop for so long and find nothing! But isn't it great to be looking for new clothes because you got smaller instead of bigger? I'm so proud of you!

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

That is fantastic! The best part about hitting the size 12 mark is that you can now shop in any regular store.
12 is the magic number.