Jul 19, 2005

Okay then

Well I just kind of blogged and dashed earlier. But I had to go have some stuff done. Its kind of odd that I feel better knowing something is wrong with me. But now it seems like I can start moving forward. I guess the first line of action is metformin so I'll do some research on it tonight.

We went to silver falls yesterday and spent the entire day playing in the water under the boiling sun. It was nice just to kind of get out and not really have to think about anything besides sunscreen. And of course I totally blew my diet. But kfc was just screaming my name. My son (who is almost 6) is starting to get a little chunk around the edges. Not obese or anything but I think he's had a few too many corndogs. So he ate what I had for dinner tonight (6 points) and he loved it. I can't really eat frozen food so I had to do a lot of reading and weighing of food before I cooked but I think I understand the basics. I want this to be a healthy thing, not just for me, but my family too. I worry about our health. Especially because my mother has EVERY damn ailment under the sun. Copd, emphasema (is that spelled right?) diabetes, congestive heart disease, and so on and so on. I quit smoking almost a year ago (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!) and started exercising but I think that diet is a huge part of all her diseases too. I don't want to be that fat lady who can't play with her kid at the park. I don't want to be sick. So I just have to kick my ass in gear.

I walked to the store today since I couldn't make it to the gym. But I still don't feel like I did much so I may flip on fit tv tonight and maybe do some dork aerobics. I only call them dork aerobics because I caught my reflection in the mirror during a work out once. Not pretty. I want to join in on the step class at my gym but I'm so intimidated. I don't want to trip or pass out half way thru. I can just imagine me tripping over my own fat and falling. But I'm like that at the gym. You know, last kid picked for baseball syndrome. At first I was afraid to run becuase it sounded so loud, but I just learned to turn my discman up. Now I can weigh myself when other people walk by, but I think I need more time to work up to the step class. I LOVE my gym because they have soo much to do and great childcare and even kid fit classes! I love to watch them do yoga. So now I have it all right? A gym, a diet, motivation. Okay lets set this bitch on fire!

1 comment:

Star said...

Good for you. All of your steps are in the right direction/ I have been where you are weight wise and now I am on the other side. Exercise is the most important thing. Don't be intimidated at the gym. GO to class, stay in the back and just do what you can. In no time you will know the steps and you'll be up front and center. Michele sent me via her site of the day. You commented above me.