Dec 19, 2005

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr


Merry christmas everyone. I wish we could all leave little cyber gifts under our e trees but really I have enough to do anyway. Portland was hit with a wonderful suprise of snow and ice yesterday. I could not have been happier. The cats were a little pissed because that ment they had to come inside but besides that we just spent the day playing and sitting in the window watching it all. Its funny but sitting in our window yesterday made us feel like we were inside a giant snow globe. So thats what I wanted for christmas and I got it. Maybe I should have wished for better boobs. Our christmas shopping is done, well except for mine and hubby's gifts to each other. Those always get done at the end of the shopping season when we really have time to think about it. I think I run on autopilot from december 1st to the 20th. We have had to postpone our christmas vacation until new years because of family visiting but that is fine and the hotel was more than gracious to move our reservation. We even get a free bottle of wine for going on new years! So now I'm in the mad dash to get the house ready and oh yes, pick up a gift for the visitor.

Holiday stuff aside I seen another 4.5 inches melt away somewhere in the last month. Wether or not they will stay off during the cookie bonanza that is fixing to take place is not really a concern of mine. I've learned that when I worry about it my fat multiplies like rabbits on fertility drugs, and when I don't well, it just kind of takes care of itself.

I know I've got a bunch of comments to reply to and emails to respond to but be patient. I am just trying to keep sane during this season. Also I'm trying not to focus too much on the fact that my ovulation should be occuring on christmas. My eggs like to show up on holidays it seems. But now instead of dreaming of opening gifts and having a decadent dinner all I can think about is unwrapping my husband under the tree. I guess me and mr. fatty will just have to get up a little early.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for you words of encouragement!
I think I run on the same auto pilot during this crazy time of year. Glad you got your snow! We are getting 50 degree temps and rain on the East Coast!

Ghone said...

I so know what you mean!
Last Xmas I put on 12 pounds.
Took me til May to shift it again.
Might have a little more will power this year.
Then again...