Jun 21, 2007

A bunch of nothing

With all the excitement and nervousness it seems like the aftermath is really boring. I'm not to the point where I can poke boobs and pray for soreness so I sit here bored as hell.

So I kind of skimmed over our appointment the other day but I should elaborate on mr fatty wanting to be a donor right? Okay. While we were at our appointment a lesbian couple came in with the handy dandy tank looking oh so excited. Well as I was coming out the tech was giving them the news that those samples didn't thaw well and that it better to find another donor and try again next cycle. They were devastated. It was just a look that I cannot forget. While we are unfortunate to be in this situation I consider us lucky that we have the basics. It really upset mr fatty too. So over lunch we talked about him being a donor after we had a child of our own. He wants me to carry his first but after that he would like to be a fresh donor for a couple. I could not be happier about his decision.

Uh besides that I love my nurse so much its rediculous. Not only did she let me see the mucus she swiped away ( not the best really ) but I was assured that if we needed to come again she would let me take a peek as mr fattys swimmers in action. I'm excited we got a nurse who is as nerdy about this as I am. Looks like the timing was perfect and there was no need for me to pace a trench the day before.

Does anyone know how to turn this damn autosave off...I'm just so flippin angered by it. It keeps freezing up my post and then they magicly disappear. Ugh.

I almost forgot I googled myself! Heres the list of things google thinks I need
Mrs fatty (not my real name by the way...)
1. to keep her toughness inside
2.to get thyself to a counselor
3. hip surgery
4. a new wig
5. to get her acronyms straight
6. a ride
7. some sleep
8. to admit she looks a mess
9. to be sued
10. a new ride

I can think of a few that apply to me probably starting with the counselor

11 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

As someone who is part of a couple (albeit heterosexual) that doesn't have the basics, I'm always pleased to hear about men wanting to help couples in need. I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to use donor sperm, and I know that many others are too.

Good luck with the 2 week wait!

Joy said...

Tick tock, tick tock. Ain't the 2ww grand?
At 1 dpiui, I had a faint cramp earlier and thought Hmm.. then "you're stupid, Trish." If someone could just knock us out for that part. wake me when I'm pregnant.

Mama Bear said...

Hip surgery, huh? :-)

Best of luck with this 2ww--I hope it has an especially happy ending!

AwkwardMoments said...

thanks for droppin me a line ii love meet new bloggers! god luck in the 2ww

Somewhat Ordinary said...

That is awseome that your husband is willing to be a donor. As someone that is currently using donor sperm it is nice to know that there are men out there that are willing to help other couples out. I've often hoped that once my husband and I had children that I would be able to donate my eggs, but I think my age will be a problem.

Good luck!!

Jackie said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you during the tww. That's really neat about your husband wanting to donate-I hope that you have a kid very soon so he can help make others' dreams come true!

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Best of luck in the 2WW!! Will be stalking to see what happens for you.

Wow, your hubby wants to be a donor? That is so amazing of him...

anji said...

whooooo, sounds like they nurses are really good....

can you take a look at my chart today and let me know what you think?? Weird stuff... thanks so so so much!

bye!!

Rachel said...

I like your needs list, you can see mine at raspberrychip.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

I am sorry that you are having to endure another two week wait. Hopefully it will be your last for awhile! Great google responses. :)

Ann said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! It's always nice to see other PCOS-ers in the blogosphere. I'm crossing my fingers for you with this IUI, too.