Jun 18, 2007

Commentathon




Looks like its time to put out some punch and kick the clutter under the couch. This is a great idea for people like me because I tend to lurk in the shadows even when I read the blog on a weekly basis. So for this week I'm coming out from under my rock, granted I probably still won't have anything important to say but I will be there. I need to redo my blogroll because it is in desperate need of updating. I will put it on my huge list of things to do.


Speaking of things to do, at the top of my list is not freak out. I got my surge (thank god because the shots scare me) on my own so IUI #1 is tomorrow @ 6:45. Yes its early, but I think the timing is good. I tend to only get + opks with fmu, which is fun, so they think the IUI should be early as hell too. This is what I got this morning while still blury eyed.
Since I only get surges @ the ass crack of dawn they figured getting fertilized at that time would be apropriate too. Fantastic, my only hope is that I'm so tired I won't be nervous. I talked to the dr today and she was trying to calm my nerves, but understands because the last time I had anything in my cervix was my hsg and that did not go over well.
I'm off to spread some commenty love.

16 comments:

Chris said...

Saw your post at the Lushary - best of luck tomorrow morning! My fingers will be tightly crossed for you.

Kate said...

Saw your post at the Lushary. Good luck tomorrow!!!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I had my first IUI on Saturday and it wasn't bad at all. I am always a nervous wreck about stuff because I've hardly had any kind of medical stuff done-not even an HSG! So, to think about something going up through my cervix was very unsettling. The doctor even had to use a secon catheter that was harder and more stable and it still wasn't too bad. Just a bit more pressure then you have during a Pap. Wishing you all the best!!

ultimatejourney said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other week. Good luck tomorrow!

ms. c said...

Came here by way of Mel.
I just wanted to wish you luck with tomorrow's IUI. I, too, was nutso before my first IUI (i was so stressed I was in hysterics by the time we reached the clinic). Emotionally, it is tough. Physically, the most discomfort for me was the insertion of the speculum.
I'll be back to check on you...

littledifficult said...

Good luck with the IUI!

Christy said...

Good luck with your IUI tomorrow, and especially for the two weeks following! Be sure to take care of yourself and get lots of rest.

Erin said...

My fingers and toes are crossed that tomorrow is a success!!!! Keep us posted.
E

Jackie said...

That's a lovely looking surge! Good luck with your IUI tomorrow. Having been through 3, I have to say, not my favorite, but totally doable. It's the multiple ovulatory events that always seem to get me. PS, not that you were planning on it, but I'd avoid spicy or other gut irritating foods following the IUI-things can be a bit sensitive. Thanks for stopping by over at my blog, I look forward to learning more about you soon!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am sending so many good thoughts for your IUI tomorrow (damn that's early. I don't think my clinic even opens until 7. Is that when you're dropping off the sample or is that when the actual IUI takes place? Do you have to get there at 4:45 a.m. for the sperm spinning?)

Oy.

Well, here is the sake. And a toast. To a successful, easy IUI.

decemberbaby said...

Good luck tomorrow morning!

Seriously, the worst part of the IUI is the speculum - and we've all had that before. You'll do great!

Sunny said...

Yeah for coming out of your rock!!! :)

Good luck to your IUI. I have to say it was WAY easier than the hsg. I didn't even feel a thing. Fingers crossed!

Courtney said...

Good luck tomorrow! You will do great. :)

KarenO said...

Here comes some commentary love for you! Found your blog on Mel's site - so here I am :) All 3 my IUI's were round about 7 am, and it really cuts down on the stressing time before you get to the clinic. Will be keeping you in my thoughts. ;)

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Woot on the surge!! Good luck!

Natalie said...

Good luck with the IUI! And hopefully some sleep for you afterward...