Oct 19, 2005

And the oscar goes too...



I usually do not buy into the entire lottery thing but today I had to break down and buy a ticket. Why you ask. Well there are 340 million good reasons to buy one. Oh yeah, thats a lot. So today when I went to the store we got in line to get a ticket. There were two guys who were buying a LOT of tickets. Like 800 dollars worth. It was holding up the line and as you can imagine people were getting a little pissy. These two guys informed the bitchers in line that they too had waited and that they have saved a lot of money for this. Okay. I understand, we all have goals in life. It shouldn't have mattered that these two were russian. But to the older woman in line behind me it did. She then asked them, why are you waisting all your money, you are probably on welfare like all the other russians anyway. WOW. How they maintained their composure I will never know. I decided at that point to get out of line because my son was scared of the mean lady behind us. So despite me wanting to win myself I hope those guys win and then hire someone to harass that lady everyday for the rest of her life.

It's kind of mind boggeling to ever imagine having that much money. After taxes you would still bring home over 100 million dollars. What does one do with that much money? I wish I knew some rich people to ask. Does it make you happier to have that much. And of course what big things would you splurge on. Unlike most people who would take the lump sum I would take the annual payments for the next 20 years so that we could travel like the nomads we are and not have to worry about paying bills. Fancy houses and cats without hair aren't really my style.

I ovulated last night. My husband took the day off from work for the occasion. After the egg hunt was over he fixed the gaping hole in the bathroom floor and prepared it for paint. I finished my sons room and then started moving stuff away to make room for my mothers stuff. Oh yeah, did I mention that satan will be staying here for 10 days. Just because my life isn't ass breathy enough sometimes she decided to move right down the street. And on top of that there is a 10 day gap between the two places so she will be here. I have hidden anything valuable and am starting to stock up on all sorts of booze. Ugh.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on being Michele's blog of the day! You lucky thing!
I love Miss Piggy. Good luck winning the lottery :)

Heather said...

Hello, Michele sent me!

Eek! Even the best of moms wear out their welcome in far less than ten days! ;-)