Oct 9, 2005

Its a good thing I am not violent

Well I'm sure you all heard that my dryer stopped working. Totally shit out on me. I'm still traumatized from the horrible screeching and smoking that took place. But underpants must be washed. So I washed all of our clothes at home today and journeyed to the laundromat. I packed the van with hangers and bounce and apparently the stupid idea that this just might be fun. If the sign on the outside did not say laundry I would have thought this place was some kind of crack den. Well, I'm a tough girl so in I go. I carry in what feels like a 50lb basket and then after I make sure there are no ax murderers I tell my son to come in. I put the clothes in and quartered the machines up and out of no where came 4 of the most evil spawn I have ever seen. Now I am not one for making kids sit pefectly still or anything, and I really consider myself pretty layed back. However, when the kids went from pushing all the buttons to pouring out peoples clothes, to throwing water, then to hitting my son I just about lost it. And the parents said nothing. ARE YOU F$&#ING KiDDING!!!!!!! I understand that when you have your first child it takes a while to get used to having to say no and lay down some basic rules, but by the time 4 heads have made their way out of your crotch you should have a clue about right and wrong. It was the first time I ever felt like duct taping kids to a chair. Of course I feel bad for the kids because they have no social skills and that must make it tough in school. But not bad enough to make me not want to choke them.

I can't wait to get a new dryer, but it may be a while. When I met my boy toy he was at least $50,000 in debt. No it wasn't school loans or cars, it was just about 10 years of him living way among his means. Now that we have a home and cars (paid in full thank god) and have paid the majority of his debts off I am really leary about using credit. Its like this big 17 eyed monster that hides in the attic. So now we don't buy anything we can't afford. Yes, thats right. No plastic, no payment plans, and no store credit. If we can't pay for it in cash we just simply don't buy it. BUT, I really want a dryer. I don't want to go thru laundry hell again. I also don't want to give into the credit monster either. So I will just continue to go to the laundromat just next time I will be sure to bring some candy and mace.

My husband is working a lot of overtime lately. This was his solution to me wanting to get a job. It must be his inner caveman that makes him want to keep me home. I miss him when he works so much. We take him lunch and stop by to visit, but its not the same as curling up together on the couch. Of course his bosses look down at fornicating on company time too. I'm working on a solution that will make both of us happy. I'm very domesticated which sounds bad but I really enjoy it. I think that women don't take pride in their home or cooked meals anymore. Part time work wouldn't change that. It would mean that he wouldn't have to slave away at work so much anymore. Then we could make out more. Sounds like a win win situation if you ask me.

6 comments:

LindseyO said...

I haven't ever been $50,000 in debt but I've been far enough in (and am again, thanks to some dumb decisions... argh!) that it makes me feel panicky to think about using credit cards. Good for you guys - so few people live within their means these days, and it's SO hard to, what with all the stupid advertising and all that.

Congrats on losing so much weight and best of luck to you as you continue!!

Michele sent me!

Chatty said...

OK...you had me at four heads coming out of your crotch. You are my kinda blogger! I am hooked! LOL

Michele sent me.

And yes, I completely agree with you. I would have purposely opened the dryer door as they ran by hoping they were knocked unconscious! lmao!

The Complimenting Commenter said...

That sounds like an awful experience with the kids. I think I might have lost it. A very entertaining post. Here's hoping the dryer fairy will solve everything. Great site.

Erin said...

I think that a dryer is one of those things that I would charge. Do you have a Best Buy out there? They have credit that is 0% interest for 12 months. I have bought things there and always make sure to pay them off before the interest free period ends.
Next time bring your duct tape!!!!

utenzi said...

Dryers aren't very expensive, used dryers are practically free but if you have to go to a laundrymat--try using one near a college if there's one nearby. The crowd is generally much quieter and generally no screaming kids.

karla said...

Come over to my place; you can use my dryer.