Oct 20, 2005

Sad

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9767025/

I woke up this morning to see this story on the news. I got angry, and then all I could do is cry. When are we going to stop letting people who could harm their children keep them. You can't say there was no warning. The family knew and no one stepped in. Witnesses SEEN her do this and no one stopped her or jumped in to save those precious children. No one stopped her.
It breaks my heart that the last thing those children seen was the person they loved the most throwing them to their death.

As I see these stories time after time I think about how if someone knocked on my door and said here, take my kids before I hurt them I would do so in a heart beat. So someone explain to me how this happens. How do women grow up to have babies and starve them or beat them or throw them in garbage cans. Is hearing voices or being depressed really an excuse? This really breaks my heart. I just don't know what else to say.

3 comments:

JoeC said...

Hello, Michele sent me. Having a child is no small matter, they are not toys, garbage or annoyance. Ppl who mistreats their children get me boilin, if ya don't want a child then be responsible, don't bring one in. Cheers!

Spock said...

I agree. The only other thing I want to add is, whatever people do to their kids should be done to them. Susan Smith should be strapped in a car seat & drowned. This woman should be wrapped up in something so she can't swim & thrown in a lake. I know I'm a little harsh but, gosh, when are we going to learn to PROTECT the children, not the criminals. You don't want to hear what I think should be done to child molesters.....

Erin said...

I really think this is a tragedy. The reports say that this woman was schizophrenic and unmedicated. The poor kids never had a chance. I feel that her family is responsible for this loss of life. They knew she was ill and didn't call social services to step in. Like you said, it's just sad.