Aug 4, 2005

Evil



Hahahahahahaha go ahead ask me how a slice of cucumber just about killed me. See as I was cruising thru the boards at soul cysters I found a thread of things that people can't eat while on metformin. One of the common ones was lettuce. Now as I read that I am rolling my eyes thinking a vegetable can't cause all that havoc. Cut to me having dinner last night. I had a few slices of cucumber with my dinner. Same dinner I had the other night with no side effects. Now cut to an hour later and you will see me in the bathroom feeling like all my organs are on fire. The only word that can describe it is violent. Needless to say I understand now, and will be passing on the cucumbers for a bit. I love the way I learn my lessons in the grossest possible way. I can't just figure things out on my own. That would be WAY too easy.

Its hot today. Like edging up to 100 degrees. So I am staying inside in all my airconditioned glory. Although I might journey out to target today to buy a scale. I've been thinking about buying one that measures body fat too, but I don't really know if they work. Then I can just play scale whore at home. I always feel like the scale at the gym is lying to me. I don't know why it just makes me suspicious.

I also decided to rebel against my cycle day 21 ritual arm stabbing for my progesterone level. For a few reasons really, but I just don't want to. Day 21 is right before my vacation and I really don't feel like being all upset and emotional while I'm gone. And for once, I am okay with not knowing. I am starting to feel so much better. It is amazing the difference having the right diagnosis can make. I've also decided to take next month off of clomid. Give myself a break. Let my boobs rest. Finish some dental work. I went to the dentist today and found out I have a cavitiy! I know, bad me. Now I'm off to go play in the dirt. Or nap. Maybe I'll just nap in the dirt.

-----------------------------------------

Jennifer, who lives over at jennifer getting buff, pointed out to me that I forgot to post my weightloss!!!!!!!!!!!! So I went to target today. I put all the scales down on the floor and jumped all over all of them to see which one was the most accurate. So I picked one out and brought it home. I set it to zero and hopped on. 210 people. 210. After I finished dancing around in my underwear I jumped back on again just to make sure. Still 210. The day I break 200 I think I will go crazy. Hopefully that day will come before my sons bday. Then I can relax and have a slice of cake. Just for fun today I picked up a 30 lb weight at the store. That shit is heavy! No wonder I feel better already, I'm not luggin that around. Now if I could just get a waist line...

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Hey, I just found your blog the other day from blogpatrol. :) Anyway, so I am not sure, are you new to Metformin? I have been on Met for 3 years or so and I eat lettuce and cucumbers all the time! Maybe it is just while you are adjusting to the medications?

Jennifer said...

Oh my God... I SO know what you mean. I didn't pay attention to the warnings not to eat salad for dinner. I was at a meeting, and all of a sudden, my face got hot and I started sweating and I had to get up and leave in the middle of a guest speaker to go to the potty. Since then, I've been able to eat salads for dinner with no problem.

I have a scale that measures body fat, and it is a piece of crap. It says my body fat is like 3% higher than the one at Curves, which I'm assuming is a better analyzer. So I bought a new scale and am sending the body fat analyzer one to law school with Tyler.

Great job on the loss today (that you didn't mention in your post, that I saw...)