Aug 8, 2005

We all have wings



But only some of us know whyyyyyyyyyhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyhyyyy. I have that song stuck in my head. Its better than styx thou. I seem to have regained control of my organs today. I feel good. I had a date with my husband today and I got all dressed up and stuff. We ended up going to home depot and buying trees and flowers after dinner. HOME DEPOT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its my favorite place. I ended up buying a tree and a magnolia and some cannas. Got all but one in the ground tonight. Now thats what I call a romantic date, getting all sweaty and dirty. Our yard and garden just look fabulous this year. I started a roll of film so as soon as I get it developed I'll post them.

I have a digital camera. I just hate it. More than you can imagine. Pictures just aren't oh I don't know ummmm fun if you can tell how they turned out immediately. I always love when I drop off a roll of film and see pictures of things I had forgotten about. My favorite picture of my husband is him with an elvis impersonator who just happens to be my brother in law. My favorite picture of my son is of his first smile. I was actually lucky enough to catch it! I keep a camera in my purse because I really think its the things you don't plan on seeing that are the most beautiful.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

It was on the UK news yesterday that one of our biggest photgraphic cahin stores has stopped stocking 'real' cameras.
It won't be long until you can't get one at all - the antiques of the near future.
Hic sob.

Really nice blog here - thanks for dropping by (I LOVE your tag line, hehe!)

Allan said...

Thanks for the kind words. Styx fan ? The wife took me to a concert last year: REO Speedwagon, Journey and Styx. I am old, but these guys are fossils. Keep the faith..

Michele said...

Stopping by to say hello....

I agree that some of the prettiest pictures are unexpected. I am not fond of posed for pictures and simply like to capture "in the moment" snapshots.

I love the image of having a romantic date via gardening. Now THAT is true love.

Jennifer said...

I have wings. You can see them very well when I wear a sleeveless shirt! hehe :)

Sorry. I really have nothing interesting to say. Just wanted to drop in and say hi!