Aug 26, 2005

I love stuff


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the sweet smell of friday. It kind of smells like tacos don't you think? Well I'm excited because my husband has 12 days off. We are planning a little camping and a little debauchery to keep us busy. Possibly painting too. We always make all these plans and then end up doing other stuff. So this time the goal is to stay on plan. We are going camping at Oxbow park which is my FFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAvorite because it has hot running showers and picnic tables at each site. Nice bike riding trails too, and bike riding is pretty good exercise.

My quest to find decent stationery is ending up in pooville. If I want to write on printer paper with balloons on it I have lots of options. But what about adults that just need to write letters. My dream stationery would not have cats, bears, hearts, or balloons on it. Okay maybe one balloon but it should be small and in the corner.

Today I just finally realized that new year will be very different for me. See we go to these huge new years parties every year and usually I am in a very small group of white women there. The rest of them are these uber skinny super cute asian girls. Talk about a blow to the self esteem. I used to find comfort in the fact that I knew at least a third of them got that way by very bad means. But now I feel bad for them. So I have made my goal to be at a point to be a hottie for new years. I can never get those pretty sparkly tops to fit. But damnit this year they will. Every time I go into a store I have to try stuff on just out of curiosity. Its not a sick addiction, I swear. Its a fascination. I am shrinking. Its really happening. I am finally changing things.

One of my blogging friends has been a little down on her luck lately and I have been trying to think of ways to e cheer her up. Let me know any ideas you guys might have. Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years.... Michele sent me. I hope you enjoy camping. You are a braver soul than I!

Allan said...

Camping, no motels by you. I love bugs, bears and humidity. Ah never mind. To cheer up your friend, remind her that this week, she gets to sleep in a comfy bed with a roof over her head, while you will be outside, hoping that mother nature doesnt kick your behind.. Just kidding, enjoy your trip, sounds like fun even to a city slicker.