Aug 28, 2005

Stupid clouds



Well everything is all packed up and we are ready to go. We were going to leave today but decided to wait until tomorrow since it was all cloudy. Its not fun putting up a tent in the rain. Its okay, I needed more time to get stuff together. I love the smell of campfires, and smores, and hiking. I am so excited! Plus my hubbinator fixed my bike so I'm all set to rock and roll. I have a nephew in law who will be going too.

See my nephew in law, lets call him tiny, has had a hard time. He has been a crackhead, in gangs, and just generally screwed. He never had a mother. She abandon him and his dad. Just walked away and never looked back. His dad is a sucker for pretty women so of course he is living in someones garage. No one has ever believed in tiny. He didn't finish high school, and has only had one job. He is 28. But for some reason I believe that he will be something great. He's my addiction I cannot give up on. I see that he is kind hearted and smart, just no one ever cared. Imagine being a boy and not having anyone care how you did in school, or tuck you in. I talked to my hubby tonight about us sending him to school next year. We are not rich by any means but whenever we have supported him in something he has succeeded. I just feel like we need to. I have already seen one nephew die too young from getting in trouble. If I had to bury tiny I don't think I could ever recover. We are going to talk to him about school when we are out in the woods. I know he'll do it, he just needs a chance.

This morning I woke up to a chorus of chainsaws. I didn't think anything of it until I went outside and seen that my new neighbors had come into my yard and cut my bushes down. It looks like shit. I was so mad. But heres the thing. They don't speak a word of english. I don't know if something got lost in the translation yesterday. So I got mad, and then I got over it. No reason to be unkind, I was just really upset. I love my yard and in few seconds they ruined it. And stepped on my flowers in the process. Buttholes. But besides that they are great. Four kids, two of them my sons age. Mom is nice too, and her food smells soooooooooo good. I wish someone would have been nice to me when I moved in here. Or even someone that didn't hate me would have been nice.

I must break my addiction to soda. I just about had a heart attack typing that. A little background for those who do not know. My mother was lazy. She gave us coke and made nutritious meals like vienna sausages or taco bell. Occasionally she would pull out all the stops and make a meatloaf or something, but that was usually lard laden too. I don't blame her. She didn't know how to eat, and as I'm learning so is she. So far shes lost 20 lbs too! So anyway, I had coke given too me in bottles when I was a baby. No, I'm not kidding. And that began my long love affair with soda. I would say 75% of my fluid intake is soda. I'm scared of what its doing to my body and my teeth. My dentist told me diet soda is actually more corrosive than regular. Ew. And so are those carbonated flavored waters. I like my teeth and hope to keep them. So I am going to quit. I have slowly been drinking more milk and water. I'm getting used to it. I'm going to save sodas for when we eat out only. Treats not regulars. Mmmm treats.

3 comments:

Star said...

HI. I'm here from Michele, by way of Sugarmommy. I hope you enjoy your camping trip. Good luck wwith your nephew. It's nice that you take an interest in him.

Jennifer said...

You have such a big heart! Have a great time camping. I hope you're making some good progess with your nephew. Bring some smores back for us!

Unknown said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

Loved the blog, I have been here before and need to come back!

btw, I am a fellow soda addict. Pepsi is my soda of choice.